The NPA Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program is designed to provide parking professionals and leaders with the knowledge to develop an emergency preparedness plan and train staff to manage emergency situations. This is a skills competency certificate that builds fundamental knowledge in the application of emergency preparedness practices within the parking environment.
Please check back, registration coming soon. Sign up for emails to stay informed of NPA education and certificate program >>
How To Earn the Certificate
To earn the Emergency Preparedness certificate, you must complete the 3 following courses. Each course includes a final assessment. To successfully complete the certificate program, you must score a 70% or higher on the final assessment for each course. Upon completion of the course requirements, you will receive a certificate and earn 3 credit hours.
Module 1: Emergency Preparedness: Plan, Policies and Procedures
Every night, you hear news of the latest crisis: terrorism, natural disasters, disease outbreak. Before an incident occurs, parking professionals must take action to prepare for emergency situations.
- Explain how to develop an emergency preparedness plan
- Identify essential elements of an emergency preparedness plan
- Discuss resources to guide the planning process
Module 2: Management Playbook & Training: Mitigating Risk in Emergency Situations
How can parking organizations learn to mitigate risk in emergency situations? This course will review case studies of incidents to demonstrate how parking managers can apply the lessons learned to better equip their staff to manage risk. How to train your staff, lead by example and monitor compliance.
- Explain how to implement solutions to mitigate risk in an emergency situation
- Identify training methods to empower staff to handle emergencies
- Discuss case studies and how to manage operations in a crisis situation
Module 3: In Depth: Active Shooter & Incident Management
With the increase in incidents related to workplace violence, parking professionals need to be prepared to respond to active shooter situations. Don’t be caught off guard. Learn how to organize your staff to manage potential incidents.
- Describe the actions to take when confronted with an active shooter
- Explain actions to take to prevent and prepare for potential active shooter incidents
- Discuss how to manage the consequences of an active shooter incident.
Emergency Preparedness is an important component of prudent business management and operations in both the private and public sector. There is a substantial amount of best practice knowledge available from multiple sources. NPA has developed and assembled relevant resources on emergency preparedness for the industry.