NPA Emergency Preparedness Skills Certificate Course
Thursday, October 25, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Las Vegas, NV
Add the Emergency Preparedness Certificate to your 2018 NPA Convention & Expo registration.
Attend this in-person, half-day certificate program and gain the knowledge you need to develop an emergency preparedness plan and train staff to manage emergency situations in a parking environment.
2018 NPA Convention & Expo
Las Vegas, NV
Are you prepared? From weather-related issues to active shooters in the workplace, emergencies can affect parking facilities and operations at any time. It is critical that parking managers be able to respond to these emergencies diligently, professionally, and effectively to manage risk, safeguard employees and patrons, and protect business assets.
In this half-day certificate course learn the steps you need to take now to prepare for an emergency situation. This course will examine different types of emergencies, from natural to man-made, and outline the building blocks of an emergency response plan and how to train staff in disaster and emergency procedures.
- Learn the essential elements of an Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Learn the appropriate steps to take to prepare in advance for an emergency
- Understand the appropriate emergency procedures for natural, man-made, and other disasters.
- Coordinate a disaster plan with the client / landlord’s procedures.
- Identify training methods to empower staff to handle emergencies
- Discuss case studies and how to manage operations in a crisis situation
- Learn a systematic approach to safely evacuate a facility.
- Find resources to guide the emergency planning process.
Led by a parking industry expert with decades of emergency management training, the course is a blend of classroom presentations, skills exercises, and case studies for a highly engaging learning experience.
Who Should Attend?
The course is targeted at parking managers, enforcement officers, and supervisory level employees in commercial, municipal, health care, airport and other parking operations.
NPA Members: $149 / Nonmembers: $199
Course Fee Includes:
1/2 -Day instructor-led study program in emergency preparedness
- Course materials and workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- 3 Credit hours towards NPA Certified Parking Professional (CPP)
CPP Credit Hours
This course earns 3 credit hours towards the NPA Certified Parking Professional designation or CPP recertification.
Certified Parking Professional
The Standard for Parking Professionalism
The CPP program is the parking industry's most respected training course. Earn the trust of employers and your peers. Learn more.