Education. Empowerment. Employment.
About the Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund >>
The Parking Industry Institute, a Foundation of the National Parking Association, has a strong interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its membership, their employees and dependents. PII is led by a voluntary board, the PII Board of Trustees. PII has awarded more than $753,000 in scholarships. See the history of scholarship awards.
The scholarship program:
- Assist students with demonstrated financial need to defray their undergraduate expenses.
- Recognize and assist academically talented students to attend the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the NPA's commitment to advance educational opportunities.
Help support a worthy student's goals!
All donations to the scholarship program are tax-deductible. Make a donation today with our secure online donation form >>
About the Scholarships & How to Apply
Scholarship Award Entries Deadline: May 1, 2019
The amount of each scholarship granted under this program range from a $500 Honorary Award to a maximum of $3,000 per year. Awards are for one year only, but applicants may re-apply. Scholarship funds are available for undergraduate studies only.
Those eligible to apply are/ will be graduates of public and private secondary schools who are:
- A son, daughter or spouse of a full-time employee of a firm which is a member of the National Parking Association. The parent or spouse must have been employed at least three years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for a scholarship.
- A full-time or part-time employee of a firm which is a member of the National Parking Association. The employee must have been employed for at least one year as of January 1st of the year he or she is applying for a scholarship.
PII Scholarship Program Application Procedures - Deadline May 1
Download the PII Scholarship Application Form (PDF) >>
Download the Scholarship Committee Applicant Recommendation/Appraisal
Form (PDF) >>
- Download and complete the above application form.
- Mail application to the:
Trustees of The Parking Industry Institute
1112 16th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
- Upon review by the Scholarship Committee, scholarship selections will be made and all candidates will be notified by the end of the month of July each year. Selected scholarship recipients will receive both their award letter and full scholarship award check at that time.
Applications and all related materials must be received no later than May 1st of the academic year beginning in the fall. Applications may be required to appear before the Scholarship Committee for a personal interview.
Basis for Selection
Selection will be made by the Board of Trustees on the basis of merits, scholastic and extracurricular achievement, charter, meritorious service and application criteria such as transcripts, recommendations, etc.
Named Scholarship Endowments
PII provides scholarships through a named scholarship program. Donors may endow an ongoing scholarship award. The following awards are given annually in the scholarship program. If you are interested in sponsoring a named scholarship, contact ChristineBanning@weareparking.org.
Jerry Stocks Scholarship
Daniel P. Katz Scholarship
Thomas Butts Scholarship
Mitchell Wolfson Scholarship
W.C. Griffiths Scholarship
Val A Parker Scholarship, compliments of Towne Park
Wounded Warrior Project Scholarship
William and Martha McLaurin Memorial Scholarship
In 2014, PII and NPA teamed up to support the Wounded Warrior Project to endow a scholarship for a wounded warrior. Many NPA members have veterans hiring initiative, have served in the military or have employees who have served in the military. This effort in support of veterans brings two great organizations together at the NPA Convention & Expo each year, as part of its charity golf tournament.