On Demand Webinar | Recorded February 2018The shared economy is already having a significant impact on the parking and transportation industries. How can, and should, the parking industry respond to these challenges? This highly informative webinar will present the latest statistics on the trends in parking & transportation use. It will outline how asset owners, developers, public and commercial parking operators are adapting to these developments from: short-term “Shared Parking” ZipCar and short-term “circulator spaces” to expanded drop off/curb lanes for Uber/Lyft.
The webinar will also examine how parking demand is shifting and how density is concentrating that demand and will demonstrate how parking is a congestion solution.
The webinar will ask – and answer - 7 of the biggest questions in parking today:
- What is the highest best purpose of parking?
- How does parking effectively fit in a smart city? (bike, pedestrian, smart car)
- What do lower parking requirements mean? (Higher occupancy for CBD real estate)
- What does the connected car mean for reserving, locating & accessing parking now & in the future?
- How are parking needs changing based on new trends from TDM to Uber?
- What are the biggest opportunities for the future of parking?
- How will population & driving preference impact the future?
- Get a perspective on trends in parking and how parking remains a vital asset in development.
- Learn how right sizing parking inventory and adaptive parking uses can reduce congestion.
- Find out how you can adapt, convert and repurpose parking current and future parking assets.
Casey Wagner, P.E.
Chief Operating Officer
NPA Members: $35
Participants in this webinar will earn 1 continuing education (CE) hour towards the CPP designation.